- The results of our 2018 Candidate Survey, showing the voting records and written responses of local, state, and federal political candidates.
- The Rutland NAACP Complaint Form, if you would like help with an issue of discrimination, harassment, or bias. We do not provide legal council.
Other organizations to help with discrimination, Bias Incidents, and Hate Crimes in Vermont:
- The Vermont Human Resources Commission, where you can file a complaint for discrimination in housing, government employment, or places of “public accommodation” (including stores, schools, hospitals, and other public spaces).
- The Civil Rights Unit of the office of the Vermont Attorney General, where you can address discrimination in employment as well as report incidents of bias and hate crimes.
- Vermont ACLU, if you believe your rights have been violated and you are seeking legal representation, or wish to learn more about your civil rights and those of others.
- Vermont Legal Aid can provide free legal advice and council to Vermonters, and often works in the areas of housing, medical issues, and mental health.
Resources for Anti-racism/Anti-Bias/Diversity training
- Mike Hill https://ejhfutures.com/ (brings a focus on racial healing and experience with youth)
- Emma Redden https://www.emmaredden.com/ (focused on talking with kids about race)
- Rhiannon Kim firstname.lastname@example.org (brings a mindfulness lens and focus on schools)
- CQ Strategies http://www.cqstrategies.org/ (lots of experience working with different orgs with different readiness for this work)
- Sarika Tandon https://www.sarikatandon.com/ (deeper work for people that are ready for it and bring environmental lens)
- Peace and Justice Center https://www.pjcvt.org/racial-justice-program/ (several pre-set educational programs around race and racism)
Learn More About Racism & Anti-Racism & Everything In Between
Understanding Racism and Bias:
What is Racism?
Reverse Racism (and why it is not a thing):
Reverse racism. It’s not a thing in case… – White Nonsense Roundup …
POC and Self Care in White Spaces:
Self Care: 25 Tips – Afropunk
How black people can emotionally protect themselves in the age of #BlackLivesMatter – Washington Post
Six Ways Black Women Can Tackle Self-Care Now – Essence