Other organizations to help with discrimination, Bias Incidents, and Hate Crimes in Vermont:

  • The Vermont Human Resources Commission, where you can file a complaint for discrimination in housing, government employment, or places of “public accommodation” (including stores, schools, hospitals, and other public spaces).
  • The Civil Rights Unit of the office of the Vermont Attorney General, where you can address discrimination in employment as well as report incidents of bias and hate crimes.
  • Vermont ACLU, if you believe your rights have been violated and you are seeking legal representation, or wish to learn more about your civil rights and those of others.
  • Vermont Legal Aid can provide free legal advice and council to Vermonters, and often works in the areas of housing, medical issues, and mental health.

Resources for Anti-racism/Anti-Bias/Diversity training

Learn More About Racism & Anti-Racism & Everything In Between

Understanding Racism and Bias:

MTV’s Decoded Series with Franchesca Ramsey
“White Like Me” Documentary by Tim Wise
White Fragility by Robin D’Angelo
Divided by Diversity: A Local Perspective on Racism

What is Racism?

Ways to Interrupt Discrimination in the Moment:
Interrupting Racism – the “HONDA” Method
Interrupting Racist Comments (PDF)
Tips for Parents and Caregivers
How to Handle Discriminatory Jokes

Racism and Poverty:
Dear Liberal Media, Stop Pretending Being Poor And White Makes You Racist – DailyBeast

BLM is a NOT Terrorist Group: 
The FBI Admits Black Lives Matter Was Never a Threat. – The Root
Black Lives Matter is not a terrorist organisation – The Economist

Reverse Racism (and why it is not a thing):
Reverse Racism, Explained – The Root
The Myth of Reverse Racism – ACLRC
Reverse Racism Isn’t Real – Everyday Feminism
9 Things Black People Wish White People Would Understand About Racism – EliteDaily

POC, Mental Health, and Self Care:
Mental Health Issues Facing the Black Community – Sunshine Behavioral Health
Self Care: 25 Tips – Afropunk
How black people can emotionally protect themselves in the age of #BlackLivesMatter – Washington Post
Six Ways Black Women Can Tackle Self-Care Now – Essence