We’ve been very busy! In the past few weeks we’ve had a bunch of events:
– A panel on the experience of Vermonters of color at Burr & Burton Academy drew about 90 people, with a long discussion period after,
– Our screening of Divided by Diversity at the Rutland UU Church was standing-room-only, followed by a long and spirited discussion,
– About 30 people came to discuss The Making of a Racist for our first bookclub meeting,
– Our benefit concert for the family of Quincy Merlin (the victim of an attempted hanging in NH in August) raised about $1000 dollars,
– We showed the film 13th to nearly 100 people at Castleton University,
– And we’re up to 184 members!
It’s clear that our community wants to talk about racism, wants to learn about it, and wants to work to change it here in Rutland and in Vermont. We’re proud to be working to fill that need. Stay tuned for more events and join us at our next meeting to get involved.